Flats evacuated in Shakespeare Rd blaze

Written by on October 22, 2013 in Fire, News, Uncategorized - 1 Comment
Brixton Fire Station

Brixton Fire Station

More than 80 people had to be evacuated from a block of flats yesterday, as a blaze swept through an apartment in Shakespeare Road, Brixton.

The fire, which broke out in Loughborough Court at 8am yesterday, was thought to have started after a woman fell asleep while cooking.

Four fire engines along with 21 firefighters and officers were called, and rescued a woman who had suffered smoke inhalation.

The woman was taken to hospital, but no-one else was injured in the blaze.

A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “It seems that the woman put some cooking on the stove and then fell asleep, which is how the fire started. Cooking when you’re tired or have had a drink is very dangerous. If you think there’s a chance you might fall asleep, make a cold sandwich instead.”

Around half of the two bedroom flat was damaged by the fire, which was under control by 9.15am.

About the Author

Aspiring to be a journalist at some point in my life, I look towards immersing myself in the territory and knowledge that comes from literary expression and news writing, in order to provide to you, the consumer and or viewer, with the information you need to gain insight in the things going on around where you are today.

One Comment on "Flats evacuated in Shakespeare Rd blaze"

  1. maggie sottero karena royale used December 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm · Reply

    I got what you designate, thanks for putting up. Woh I am happy to uncovering this website through google. Thanks For Share 301 Moved Permanently.

Leave a Comment