Statement from The Conservative Party:
Tim is a former film and TV actor who joined the Parachute Regiment and served in Afghanistan. He lives in Lambeth with his Peruvian wife and their two children. Tim is now a housing solicitor fighting unscrupulous landlords and antisocial neighbours. He volunteers as a legal adviser at a local advice service. Tim decided to stand for election having helped numerous local residents deal with problems that could so easily have been avoided with better support from the Council.
Tim knows Labour have let Brixton down. Council failures to deal with licensing and litter problems have turned a desirable community into a late-night no go area, with anti-social behaviour and an increase in crime being the most critical problems.
Securing better services for council tax payers is a must – there is a pressing requirement to create better value for money for these services, such as ensuring they are put out to tender and an analysis of the detail to determine cost efficiency.
Schooling is an issue about which Tim is passionate. He is very keen to ensure local schools offer real aspiration for Brixton pupils, that parents have more say in their child’s education and that each child has every opportunity to excel.
We need leadership like that in Brixton. Tim’s priorities for Brixton Hill are:
- Rectifying Labour’s licensing mess and improving the safety and cleanliness of our streets
- Securing a fairer deal for Lambeth Living Leaseholders
- Raising standards in local schools so that every pupil reaches their full potential
- Demanding better value for money for Brixton council tax payers
- Holding Lambeth Council to account for waste and mis-management and scrutinising Lambeth’s spending