Trinity Arms fireworks cancelled

Written by on November 7, 2015 in News - Comments Off on Trinity Arms fireworks cancelled
trinityfireworks

The Trinity Arms’s firework display in 2014

The Trinity Arms’s annual fireworks display has been banned at the last minute.

The Young’s pub in Trinity Gardens was due to host a free firework display today with a BBQ, mulled wine and a new Star Wars themed garden.

However, on Friday the pub announced on Twitter explaining Lambeth council had cancelled the event due to “safety concerns”.

The Trinity Arms said the event had been known about for weeks but only on Friday, the day before it was due to take place, were they informed they could not go ahead.

This was the first year that Lambeth has had no official fireworks display, after the council cancelled its usual Brockwell Park event due to budget cuts.

In a letter to local residents, the Trinity arms said: “It is with great sadness to inform you our annual fireworks display which was due to take place tomorrow evening has now been prohibited by Lambeth council as of this afternoon.

“This means we will no longer be able to run our free display for our community from now on.

“I would like to thank you all for the support you have given us for this event for the last 6 years, it has been a most enjoyable event for us to put on, also knowing that it has been enjoyed by our neighbours and the Brixton community.”

We have reached out to Lambeth council for comment.

About the Author

Anna McKie is News Editor for the Brixton Blog and Bugle

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: