Local charity School Grounds Sounds is in the last stages of recruiting for its annual artist development project, The Grit School.
The Grit School is for 16–24-year-olds living in Lambeth and South London.
They must have a developing interest or be active as a musician or want to work behind the scenes in the music industry. They must also be looking to develop as a performer and extend their networks and pathways into the industry.
The school is aimed, in particular, at young people who are not in education, employment or training and are looking for an opportunity to develop their career paths.
- Free workshops run by industry leaders including musicians and those working behind the scenes like A&Rs, labels, etc.
- Access to studio time, rehearsal space and opportunities to collaborate with a large network of local aspiring musicians.
- Opportunities to perform or work behind the scenes at the Grit School Live showcase.
- A chance to widen a professional network in the music industry.
- Pathways into the industry with a chance to be put forward for internships with BMG, Mahogany and others.
- One-to-one support and advice on how to develop a professional portfolio including CV and cover letters led by Spiral.
Registration for the Grit School closes at midnight on Friday 22 March.
More about School Ground Sounds.